Saturday, September 24, 2005

Laying off the sauce

This is Meggie on an average day.

This is Meggie on the sauce, or rather, in it. Alan took this picture last night while I was at work. She and Alan learned some hard lessons.

Alan learned that you should never turn your back on the child when she has access to ketchup. It's just not a good idea.

Meggie learned that when you get ketchup in your eyes it hurts . . . a lot. And when your daddy has to wipe it out of your eyes it hurts . . . a lot. And when your daddy has to give you a bath because you've smeared ketchup all over your head you don't get enough time to play with your toys. And that annoys you . . . a lot.

Meggie was penitent and puffy this morning. Ketchup is acidic, and I think it irritated her skin a bit. But she was a sober, ketchup wary Meggie. I think she may be laying off that sauce for a while. She's now older and wiser and has seen the perils of ketchup abuse.

No comments: