Monday, November 07, 2005

Cold

OK, I admit it. Three degrees (the current temperature) is pretty cold. But as long as it's above zero, I concentrate on the positive. ;o) I've experienced -54 in Fairbanks before.

And I had to laugh when I read the local forecast on our weather page yesterday. Forecast: Saturday night -- Clear and bitterly cold. Sunday -- Rather cloudy with a flurry. Monday -- Partly sunny and very cold. Tuesday -- Mostly cloudy and frigid. Wow. Surprisingly, frigid is a low of 15 degrees while very cold is 8 degrees.

Accuweather, the company that puts together our forecast, is in Pennsylvania. You'd think those folks were used to cold weather themselves. They better pull out the thesaurus and pace themselves, because there's a lot of winter and a lot colder weather to come. I don't consider 15 degrees to be very bad anymore. And I saw someone wearing shorts and a T-shirt in the Wal-Mart parking lot yesterday. I'm serious.

We did get that predicted snow flurry. And Meggie and Alan played in the snow while I was at work today. (Long story, short-staffed.)

Here's a quick pic of Meggie some of her winter gear. We made a camp fire last night.

Well, hope all is well where you are.

*PS--Yes, she did wear her mittens. She had just thrown one off when I snapped the photo.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Meggie looks like she is having fun.

What does it mean when they say "Feels like: 3°"?

Mila just woke up and asked me to turn on the fan because she's hot! It's. It's 63° and it feels like like 63°.