Meggie woke up to her Easter basket. Very exciting. Look at those puffy eyes. Who does she look like when she's tired? :o)
The biggest hit: an 88 cent recorder ("my corder, my corder"). The Easter Bunny is a bargain shopper.
Second-biggest Easter basket hit: 25 cent plastic grass. I said to Alan, "Meggie likes all the cheap, basic toys. She's a cheap kid." Alan said, "That's good because she has cheap parents."Some of our friends from church came over. We did a combined pot-luck brunch. It was wonderful. I had a full buffet but only had to cook three dishes. Our friends brought their baby girl and toddler Henry. After lunch, the kids went outside and hunted for plastic Easter eggs, which an Easter Bunny, who shall remain unnamed (Alan), stuffed with gratuitous amounts of candy.
Meggie is adept at finding the well-hidden eggs, like this one inside the flower pot. But notice the obviously placed pink one behind her. She couldn't find it until Alan led her directly to it. I'm sure that means something...
Offering Henry a mid-search chocolate break. Meggie ate entirely too much candy today. I've never seen her so hopped up on sugar. She passed out around 4 p.m. and was groggy and off her schedule for the rest of the day. But what else are holidays for?


1 comment:
As usual, I love the Meggie pictures and thank you for posting them. I really like the picture of the lily!
Post a Comment