Alan--Super-duper busy at work. We celebrated his birthday with Cajun dinner at home. Had a good time.
me--Work is enjoyable.
Meggie--Whew! She is keeping us running. Some good news: Went to the dentist with her this week and the left front tooth--the one the dentist said would definitely have to be pulled preemptively, because "teeth don't survive that kind of trauma"--is fine. It's not dying. And it moved forward into a healthy position. It's firm and the root looks good. As for the permanent teeth underneath the surface, they both look good. Of course, we'll know when she's six whether the fall bumped them at all and caused any little marks in the enamel. But they're certainly growing well, in the right place and the right shape. So, yay!
Laurel--Doing very well, too. Eating very well. Took her to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today, and she crammed in a whole fried dumpling and ate fried rice with gusto. She's eating really well. Not walking yet. But cruising. Such a funny, bouncy kid.
And pictures.
Been doing some sewing to figure out how to use my lovely machine better. Turns out that I stink at following directions. I hated cutting out patterns. So I sewed Meggie this dress without a pattern. I made a lot of mistakes, but I learned a lot about my machine. And about needles. And about how using the right presser foot matters after all... Took a couple of hours. Fabric cost was about $3. I made the dress reversible. I figure, with my kiddo, having two sides to choose from is a plus. Yes, that is red jello on the front of the left image. So if we had been on our way to another engagement after lunch, we could've just flipped it inside out. ;o)
3 comments:
I can't wait to snuggle with those kids! I will be bringing only machine-washable clothes, of course. :)
So glad to hear all are doing well. Double glad to hear Meggie doesn't need another tooth pulled. Yay!!!
love -l
h* - You probably have a record of infant and early childhood development benchmarks. If you don’t have these events recorded, start a record and keep it for both personal and medical reasons.
Pediatricians will ask for benchmark childhood events. When the baby rolled over from stomach to back; the ability to keep there head up unsupported; when they begin crawling, walking, talking, first tooth, etc.
Your cousin Sean walked at 9 months. And Sean was extremely smart from the beginning, I once asked Sean, if he ever remembered a time when he was unable to read. Sean replied that he remembers always being able to read. (Like Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird.) So, Sean was reading in Preschool and well before Kindergarten.
Brianna didn’t start reading until 2nd grade. And Ryan got his teeth in late compared to the other two. Sean had his fist haircut when he turned one year old (a Filipino tradition). But, in contrast Ryan had his first haircut at 3 ½ years old. And Ryan was delayed in many developmental benchmarks.
Looking at Ryan now you couldn't tell that Ryan was extremely sick early on with clinical malnutrition. Thankfully it lasted for about his first 6 to 9 months. Clinical malnutrition is even though Ryan was drinking formula his intestines weren’t absorbing it properly. So, Ryan was starving despite the fact that he was drinking and eating. So, Ryan was delayed in his development.
With the exception of about two Pediatricians, the kids have had great Pediatricians to help us.
Love Uncle Jerry
Post a Comment