Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jack-o-lanterrific

Meggie made her first jack-o-lantern today. She has decreed that all pumpkins shall be happy. No scary gourds allowed.

I didn't feel like making pie, just because I had the fixins. But I did roast the seeds with a little olive oil and chile con limon. (We love that stuff. We stocked up when we were in California. It's great on popcorn, too.)
___________________
Edited 10/17 5:12 p.m.

The pumpkin seeds were delicious. We'll be toasting the seeds from the second pumpkin, which we'll carve soon. A note about early jack-o-lanterns: It didn't even occur to me that we were putting the pumpkin out kind of early... But it hasn't rotted, because, well, it's frozen. Solid. Halloween is definitely a winterish holiday in Alaska. Sometimes cold weather has its benefits.

2 comments:

kanb said...

Those seeds look YUM!

Unknown said...

What an artistic girl you have there. Tell her the pumpkin is great!!!

love Aunt Linda