Saturday, June 20, 2009

Room to play

Remember that we decided to do without a formal dining room so the kids could have a playroom next to the living room and on the main floor of the house?

Well, I think we've got the playroom just about finished. I'm glad that we were able to use almost exclusively things that we already had.

These 3M clips for hanging artwork and a little multi-region TV/DVD player in the other corner of the room are the only things bought for this area. Everything else was recycled or reused.

Meggie reassembled the Ariel tent all by herself.

We got those shelves before Meggie was born. The clear drawers have been in Meggie's room since she was a year old. And the black block bin was one of our moving totes for our advance shipment.

I bought that fold-out black chair under the window even before Alan and I got married! The kids love it. They spread it out and lie on it while they read or watch movies. And Meggie unfolds it to pretend it's her magic carpet.

Yes, those "toy bins" are what you think they are: moving boxes covered with wrapping paper, which I tend to overbuy and get stuck with when it's on sale.

Hard at play.

3 comments:

Michele said...

It looks gorgeous! The girls must love it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun place to play and have fun.

Unknown said...

I really love your playroom for the girls! Way to go Alan and Heather.

love Linda, Leslie and Janess