These are the characters I watched board a bus bound for the downtown Carnival revelry on the last weekend before Lent. After that I lost track.
Strep, a sinus infection and fever
These are the illnesses with which Laurel-loo was diagnosed on President's Day weekend. Poor kid started to show symptoms of a cold around midweek. But by the end of the week she was coughing quite hard and was very unhappy. The fever arrived Saturday morning and we brought her to the doctor to be checked out. He diagnosed the infection and strep and also conducted an EKG to make sure that her heart was not affected by the streptococcus. But the bacteria hadn't affected her heart. She started antibiotics and used two different prescribed expectorants and is now healthy and happy again.
h: We aren't going to be able to make it to your hotel. We'll understand if you can't give us a full refund.That's what the nice people at the Bruges B&B said when we called to cancel our trip due to Laurel-loo's illness.
B&B clerk: But we can try. We will readvertise the room today and see if we can rent it to someone else.
Strep and tonsillitis
That was my diagnosis a week and a half ago. On the weekend I started feeling tired. On Monday, I had a sore throat. On Tuesday, it worsened. On Wednesday, it hurt to swallow and I became feverish. Ten days of antibiotics later I was well again. We've had smoother months healthwise. But I did get to eat a lot of ice cream. So.
1 education PhD, 6 giggling kindergartners, 1.5 hours of testing
Meggie had her school-readiness test last week. Here in Germany, first grade is considered to be the point at which a child officially starts school. So, along with her peers across the country, Meggie had to be evaluated. In her case, because she is in a private school, she and a group of her classmates were evaluated by the founder of her prospective elementary school. We are considering this school, because it has good after-school programs like ballet, piano, violin and other activities she's interested in. So, Meggie was tested and pronounced "ready" to attend German first grade. We have a choice between the bilingual class (English, art, sport and music are instructed in English) or German-only class. But both groups have the same after-school options--also offered in multiple languages.
16 stones, 10 ends, 4 brooms, 2 teams, 1 good time
My football-watching husband got me into following curling during this year's Olympics. I really enjoy watching it. Seriously! It's all about strategy. Like watching billiards. But with teams. And brooms. On ice. Oh, and crazy Norwegian curling pants.
love to all and we hope you are well,
1 comment:
Poor you and Laurel-loo. I'm glad you all are better now.
love L, L, & J
Post a Comment