I hope this finds you well. I am trying to be a better photographer and blogger and am finding myself to be very undisciplined. But I'm determined to do better! So, here I'm posting Meggie's First Communion the very SAME DAY. Yes, miracles do happen.
It was a very exciting day for all of us. The First Communion class had to get to the church early to get their pictures taken.
Here's Laurel, awaiting the big event.
Meggie was a little nervous. Here she is before (left) and after (right). That's the look of relief.
My friend and coworker Chrystal kindly took a family picture for us after Mass.
This is Meghan, Meggie's best friend at church and after school. They were both happy to have gotten through the ceremony.
We all celebrated with brunch at the dining facility on post afterward.
Hope you're well and wish you were here.
PS--There was a professional photographer, and we have ordered his prints and negatives. However, he was very upset after the ceremony, because apparently another parent/family member/guest stood in the frame for all of the children's individual pictures while receiving Communion. We thought it was humorous, but some people didn't. So, when you see the professional pictures, you'll know that the unfortunately oblivious guy in the background got a talking to from the photographer.
3 comments:
Congratulations Meggie. We are so happy for you. Elizabeth made her first holy communion today too.
Adrian
Congratulations Meggie on your First Communion. It is such a special occasion. I still remember making my First Holy Communion, made in 2nd grade with my best friend from school and church, Carole. You looked beautiful!!!
love Linda, Leslie and Janess!!!
Wow!!!
Post a Comment