The camera is working out really well. I did some research and read opinions on Ask Metafilter (love that site) and saw that the Canon SD800 was frequently recommended. I'm very happy with it. I know nothing about photography. I just point and shoot. But the options and presets on the camera are pretty much idiot-proof. Check it out.
The camera also has a setting that helps you to shoot panoramas. It's pretty neat. The display shows you your previous shot and helps you to line up landmarks in your previous and current pictures before snapping the photo. The camera also came with photo-stitching software that I hear is really good. But I haven't had time to install it, since we've been running ever since we hit the ground Sunday night. It has been a busy week.
So I used my already installed software (Photo Studio -- passable) to assemble this panorama taken from the back porch of the condo.

Meggie caught a stomach bug sometime in the last few days. Maybe at a Monday birthday party we attended. Maybe on the plane. I avoid using the air blowers (AKA the germ cannons) on the kids, but everyone's breathing recirculated air.
Meggie and Laurel will be starting at their new school on Friday. I start work Monday, but I thought we should do a dry run to make sure that we can get to work/school (two blocks apart -- yay!) on time. And I didn't want Monday to be their first day. I need to take my time getting them settled in. It's a great place with a home atmosphere. All the teachers are certified. I'm very optimistic.
love to all,
No comments:
Post a Comment