Thursday, May 31, 2007

Zooness

Our trips to the zoo seem doomed by icky weather. Last time I took Meggie was at the end of last summer. It was a trip that was supposed to be attended by the church's Moms and Tots group members, but it was raining, so only we showed up. It was kind of a bummer, but Meggie had a good time. She always has a good time.

Today's trip marked the final day of her preschool year. But all of her classmates fall into one of two categories: 1) children who dislike or are mean to Meggie (one kid painted her hair and threatened to throw her into a trash can) but whose parents I know and like (despite their bullying children) or 2) children whom Meggie likes very much but whose parents are politely smiling enigmas with whom I've never spoken. So.

My friend Adrian came to the rescue. Adrian's eldest, Lizzie, is Meggie's best friend, so we had a good time, detached from the screeching gaggle. Three-year-olds like large groups not so much.

Some of these transitions away from our current groups are quite said. I really liked Meggie's Montessori preschool, which she will not be attending next year, although she will be in an all-day Montessori preschool/daycare. And I liked her teachers very much. At the end of the outing, her teacher pressed my hand and said, "Remember, if anything changes, Meggie still has a spot with us." That was nice.

----

I was interrupted. I had to tell Meggie not to use her sister as a head pillow. I say to her, "You should never rest on your Laurel," but she is unamused. Toddlers.

Tomorrow is our dry run to the new school, and I'm excited to see how we do on time. I'll say one thing about my new 5:30-6 a.m. wake-up time. It sure makes it easier to keep my resolution to go to bed before midnight. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm lazy.

Pictures.

Good friends. :o) Hey, she's wearing the same rain jacket as the last time.

Rosy nose and cheeks from the nip in the air. What's up with this? It was gorgeous, outdoor-picnic weather in early May. Hmmm. But Laurel didn't seem to mind.

An animal suited to this climate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What great pictures! I do believe I've never seen a polar bear closer before!

love Aunt Linda

Michele said...

Aren't you glad you have the Internet to appreciate your puns?