Sunday, July 29, 2007

The usual

Hi. It's been the usual up here. Had a pretty productive weekend. We went all around Anchorage researching things. Found another good buffet--a Chinese/Thai/pan-Asian buffet. Some people scoff at buffets, but since we've had kiddos, I hate to go to non-buffets, because whatever we order the toddler will be the exact thing she didn't want. Pizza? "Oh, but I wanted a cheeseburger." Cheeseburger? "I wanted chicken strips..."

We all got a lot done this weekend. Alan and Meggie washed the cars. Alan changed the oil in both cars. We did tons of laundry. I balanced the budget. Meggie and Alan tidied up her room. Laurel... she crawled around, danced and clapped her hands. Very productive.

Photologue

Meggie shows me how a giant would have to crawl to get through our doorway.
m*: Hey, I have to ask you a question.
h: What's that?
m*: How would a giant get into our house?
h: I think he would be too big to get into our house.
m*: Could he fit into the door?
h: I don't think so. Not unless he scrunched down really, really small.
m*: Like this? (low-crawling on the kitchen floor)
h: Well, maybe. But I still think he'd be too big.
m*: Big people like giants can't come into our house, right? They can't fit in the door. Only small people and small animals, like pets, can come into our house, right?
h: What kind of pets?
m*: Pets are small animals. Like dogs. And cats. And fishes. But not penguins.
h: Why not penguins?
m*: OK, maybe only the small kind of penguins.

Laurel eats very well. We don't know why she's such a lightweight. Here she polishes off chicken, cheese and broccoli.

A weekday morning riot ensued when Meggie got a cup but Laurel got a bottle. So here they are with their matching cups. Both happy now.

Coming back from a Sunday walk.

Picking raspberries in front of the house.

1 comment:

GC said...

The trouble is what is "The usual" for Alaska is not "the usual" for most of us. We don't have raspberries growing in our yard. The girls, Alan, and you are so lucky.

At least we don't need to worry about giant penguins knocking at our doors or moose blocking our roadways. But, we do have Disneyland to visit when we have time. But, overall I'd choice the raspberries over an amusement park any day.

Of course, there is that Berry Farm in Buena Park. Well, I guess the RedlandsCostales’es will have to settle for Funnel Cakes topped with bosenberries from Knott’s.

Love Uncle Jerry