Saturday, January 26, 2008

Quick update

Hello! I hope this post finds you well.

Just a quick update on us. We're all handing a cold around, and it's no wonder. Meggie had it first, and since she's fond of kissing her little sister on the nose, Laurel got it next. Then, since dispensing kisses is Laurel's new favorite pastime, I got it next. She's so excited about it, and I hate to be a party pooper. Laurel was so miserable that I took her to the pediatrician, sure that she must have an ear infection. But she's fine. Just angry because of her scratchy throat and runny nose. I sympathize.

It has taken a couple of months, but we've gotten back into our routine. Meggie is doing preschool three days a week and is having a wonderful time. I'm looking into a K-4 program for the fall, but we're leaning toward keeping her in the half-day preschool 4-5 days a week and adding extracurriculars like dance and soccer. Hmmm. Just thinking about it makes me feel busy.

Alan is convinced that Meggie has the makings of an excellent skier. He took her skiing last weekend, but she told me later, "I must just not be very good at it, because I kept falling down." She lost patience with the endeavor about 10 minutes in, but had a wonderful time on the inner tube run. Last year she was a little freaked out by the tube course. This year she loved it and wanted to go as fast as possible.

Laurel is doing well too. We took her pacifier away a couple of weeks ago, and since then her speech has taken off. And she's become much more assertive with her sister--in short, less passive. Oh, so that's why they call it a pacifier. Hm. Little did I know that the pacifier was subduing her and making her tolerant of poking and prodding. No more. Still, "Memmie" is her favorite. Alan was playing with them in Laurel's room one day, and he shut Meggie in a box she had climbed into to hide. Laurel kept yanking on the lid and screaming, "Dada! Dada!," but he when he didn't let go she threw a block at him. We know where her loyalties lie.

No comments: