Friday, February 08, 2008

Cold hands, warm heart

We've been stuck under a cold front since the last post. Temperatures have been 20-30 degrees colder than average.

Tomorrow we're going to the indoor playground on base.

In the meantime, we play inside. One of the games we play is Meggie's creation "I'm the Mom," in which, predictably, Meggie designates herself "pretend Mom" and does "pretend cooking, pretend driving, pretend laundry and pretend cleaning." Pretend cleaning is very messy. It involves lots of sloshing of sudsy water all over the counters and floors. It requires real cleaning from real Mom afterward.

Last time we played "I'm the Mom" it went like this:
m*: I'm the Mom. I'm doing cooking. I'm making you soup. You (to me) are the big sister. Laurel can be the baby.
h: Oh, OK.
l*: Mama. Diapoo.
h: (checking Laurel) Ew. Um, Mom, I think you need to change the baby's diaper. It's dirty.
m*: No, that's not my kind of Mom job.
h: What's your kind of Mom job?
m*: I do cooking and checking out the kids.
h: Well, who's going to change this dirty diaper?
m*: The helpful big sister.
____________________

Pictures

Building together.

What a lovely birthday I had. Thank you for making it a wonderful day.


Meggie and Alan baked and decorated a beautiful cake, which I made sure to scarf down before Lent started. No, it's not dignified to take "Fat Tuesday" literally, but I never claimed to be classy.

Here's a closeup. This is one of the words Meggie knows, so there you are. Hey look, I'm 4 too!

We had planned to go to the Bear Tooth to have dinner and see "Enchanted," but it was sold out. So we went to the Istanbul Cafe for Turkish food and belly dancing. Watching, not wiggling. It was fun, and the food was delish.

No comments: