We made it! People commented on how good the girls were on the plane, but I thought it was funny, because none of them were sitting near us. The guy who was sitting near us, relocated himself to the back of the plane. You know the seats right against the lavatory that don't recline? Those. I passed him when I took Meggie to the potty, and he was drinking a beer, looking sheepish. LOL.
I can't blame the guy. Meggie kept narrating the cloud shapes: "Excuse me, do you see that cloud that looks like a dinosaur?" And, although she sang quietly, she sang her version of "Airplane: The Musical" for most of the flight: "And now my plane is going up in the sky and up and up and up and up and down, down, down through the clouds, and there is a clouuuuuud that looks like a mountain, and my plane goes..." Yeah.
But we got here! And the Easter Bunny left lovely buckets of toys for the girls. We're going to visit Nanang and go to Mass and lunch later today. This afternoon, we go to Bellows, where we have a cabin for two nights.
I'll post pictures later.
Alan says hello from Alaska. Meggie adorned the house with Easter decorations before we left, "so Daddy will have a happy Easter."
Side note:
On Friday Meggie had her picture taken with the Easter Bunny at Wal-Mart. Laurel wouldn't go near the rabbit, so we don't have a picture of her. But after I wheeled the girls away, Meggie questioned the authenticity of Wal-Mart's Easter Bunny:
m*: I don't think that was the real Easter Bunny.
h: Why not?
m*: Did you see his shoes?
h: No (although I had seen that he was wearing sneakers)
m*: Well, I don't think the real Easter Bunny wears people shoes. That would be silly.
All our love and happy Easter!
1 comment:
That is TOO funny!! Nicholas made the very same observation about the EB. He did not think he was real b/c he had shoes/legs/walked. It was a lengthy conversation. We will be at Bellows in 2 weeks...let me know what to bring/expect!!
Post a Comment