Thursday, August 06, 2009

A new prayer

Yesterday, after Alan came home from Alaska, we sat down with Meggie and told her that her Nanang had passed away.

"She's in heaven then," Meggie said.

"Yes."

Then she thought for a minute and her face lit up, "Then she knows what God looks like."

"Yes."

Later last night, Meggie told Alan, "I want to pray a different prayer tonight. I have a good one."

(We still follow the formula: Thank you, sorry, please.)

Dear God,
Thank you for our house and our food and all the things we have. Sorry for the stuff I done wrong today. Please help us to be good tomorrow and have a good day. And please help Nanang to have a good time there. And please help Grandma in Hawaii, because she doesn't have Nanang with her anymore.
Amen.

Wherever you are, our thoughts are with you. And our prayers.

love,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Heather.

Michele said...

You are in our thoughts.

You are raising such sweet little girls.