We hope this finds you well.
We've been busy enjoying this beautiful weather! It has finally gotten warm and sunny. The girls played outdoors with their water table today.
Both girls have an expanding schedule of activities. There is a spring recital coming up for Meggie. And Laurel had her very first play date a few weeks ago. :o)
Meggie is adjusting very well to her new school. She has a great teacher, and the class seems to be continuously engaged in interesting projects. This week, they made their own faux fossils using bones, shells and things, because they are currently studying paleontology.
I took these impromptu pictures of the girls last Saturday morning and was surprised by how much they've grown.
Time does fly.
By the way, we'll be in Venice next week for spring break.
Kids today are so blase about travel.
I told Meggie recently that people didn't take planes as much when I was a kid. And she promptly asked me, "Did they have bicycles when you were a kid in the olden times?"
(She also once asked me if I was alive in the olden times when there was no color in the world--hence black-and-white movies.)
I was trying to get the kids psyched up about next week's trip by asking, "Hey, do you know what's really cool about Venice?"
Meggie said, "Yeah, I know, they use boats instead of cars and have canals instead of roads. I saw that on 'Little Einsteins' already."
"Little Einsteins" didn't exist when I was a kid. In the olden times.
1 comment:
I think everything was in color in your olden times but for me there was a lot of black and white in my olden times. Janess loves saying Aunt Linda you are so last century.
Have a happy Spring Break vacation! Janess is on spring break herself this week.
love Linda, Leslie and Janess
Post a Comment