Saturday, August 11, 2012

Right now: Reaching for the pink

So, I'm behind on blogging, but some great things have happened since we last checked in on the blog. First off, we saw Uncle Jesse, Aunt Mila and cousins Jessica and Melissa a few weeks ago. We had a really fun day with them. I wish I'd remembered to take pictures, but I'm bad about that. :o(

And we finally closed on our house and were able to move in this past Thursday. Which means that we are now camping in our house on air mattresses and fixing things until our furniture and other household goods arrive--probably around September.

Meggie using her painting skills.

The girls are very involved in the home improvement. They are helping to paint their rooms (with the colors they picked) and each helped to install a doorknob on her door. (The previous occupants took all the interior doorknobs. Yes. Really.)

AND the girls started their new school last Monday! It's very exciting. So far, we've been quite pleased with the school, which seems to have a strong focus on math and extracurriculars. Laurel starts extracurricular drawing lessons next week. Neither Laurel nor Meggie was interested in joining the chess club. ;o)

Meggie and Laurel on their way to the first day of school...from the hotel.

It's been hot! But I think we'll gradually get used to it.

No comments: