Friday, February 15, 2013

Father and daughters

Whew! After a month-long absence from the blog, I feel like I ought to post photographic proof that we are all well.

So here are three of us--this evening--getting ready to depart for the Father-Daughter Dance at school. :o) Since it's a father-daughter event, I have good reason to be out of the picture. But you know how this works. Someone had to take the picture, so this should serve as photographic proof of my continued existence as well.

I've got to tell you, this has been a tough three weeks, full of illnesses and other illnesses incident to the initial illnesses. Meggie and I both had to stay home for several days, and Alan is still recovering from what seems to have been a mega-cold or flu.

But we have emerged (we hope) into warmer weather and better health. In the midst of all this tumult, the girls started gymnastics and will be doing that twice a week. It took some rearranging, but we are making it work.

We have planted a lot of seedlings for our future flower and veggie gardens. The fruit trees took a hit during the big freeze, but I hope they come through. This spring, we will have beans, peas, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, tangerines, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and a few other assorted things. The perennials are in the ground, but we are waiting until we are sure that the frost is behind us before the rest goes in.

Well, I hope you're all healthy and well.

-h

PS--Because I got sick soon thereafter, I didn't have a chance to post a lovely visit we had from Sylvette over MLK weekend! It was so much fun. I will post it, though. 

No comments: