Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cold hands, warm heart

We are having some seriously cold weather here in southern Arizona. OK, at least for southern Arizona. Have had sub-freezing temperatures for the past two nights. Some sub-freezing temperatures during the day as well.

This weekend, we all went to Phoenix and had a lovely time. Alan had his drill weekend there, and I joined him for his unit's awards banquet yesterday evening. I really enjoyed it. It was so nice to see those young airmen be recognized for their achievements. And former Air Force Chief of Staff Fogleman gave an interesting speech.

The girls spent the night at Uncle Jesse and Aunt Mila's and loved spending time with them, Jessica and Melissa. In fact, they had such a good time that they made the evening news! :o)


We're grateful that Uncle Jesse recorded this, because this is our only record of the kids' TV debut.

This morning, the girls and I got to go to church and then enjoy lunch with the Mesa Cs. Alan was back at his duty station, continuing his Reserve work.

We're now home and running drips to keep the water moving through the pipes tonight.

Here are a few more pictures from this weekend--all taken by cousin Jessica. Thanks, Jessica! And thank you so much to all the Mesa Cs for a wonderful weekend.

Aunt Mila and Uncle Jesse sent these hats from Korea when we lived in Germany. The girls enjoyed them there, but I didn't expect the weather to be cold enough for them in SoAz. Just shows what I know.

 Party animals!

Being interviewed for the news. Cool! And cold.

To achieve Uncle Jesse's custom-turban look, you will need: (1) a polar bear hat, (2) a Laurel saying, "My legs are tired! Will you carry me?" (3) a strong back. It's quite a heavy turban, but I think the look really works, wouldn't you say?

 Awwwwww x3:


Be well. Stay warm.

love to all,

-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love every moment of it. We had a great time.