Sunday, January 02, 2005

Very lazy

It's a very lazy day today. I am catching up on e-mail and Alan is still working. I guess it's not so lazy for him. Also downloading lots of history and literature programs from the BBC radio Web site. You should check it out. It's fabulous. I download what I want, and then I can listen to it as an MP3 on my way to work. Just finished Charles Dickens' Bleak House. Very good production. Mom is now hooked on a series called "Ladiesofletters.com." Hilarious.

Some of our neighbors just rode by down the street on their ponies.

It's a gorgeous day today.

Anyone got any good New Year's resolutions? I need some inspiration. So far, I've got: Be better about keeping in touch via e-mail and phone.


1 comment:

GC said...

Resolve to see us - your Cailfornia relatives when possible.
.
Pretext: Meggie needs pictures with Tigger, Pooh, etc. And to bang on Aunt Holly's piano. (Maybe Alan or Heather could find a work related seminar, etc. to make it a working vacation. Alan could observe justice Arnold Style - Austrian with an Attitude. Alan could link some unsolved Alaskan crimes to Scott Peterson, Robert Blake, Micheal Jackson, Kobe Bryan, etc. Heather talk the paper into doing a feature about Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.)
.
Costs: Air fare to SoCal. (Manny & Holly will probably let you stay free. Or bribe them with Smoked Alaskan Salmon - Manny likes Smoked Turkey Legs or Moose meat - Manny likes to try new foods & Uncle Jerry would be willing to taste some smoked Moose sausage.)
.
How to do it: Coordinate Heather's & Alan's vacation time. (Look into that working vacation thing.)
.
Why SoCal?: Mild weather, Beaches, Baseball, Lakers - basketball (go boo Kobe), Disneyland - 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2005, etc. Relatives in Redlands and Mesa could easily arrange to drive to Anaheim. Don't know if Grace and Grandma could make it. It will depend on how Grandma recovers.
.
Added incentives: Arrange for Alan's family to also fly to SoCal. It should be cheaper and quicker for Alan's parents, etc. than flying to Alaska or driving to Alaska. It would also be cheaper for the Bama Goodwins to drive to SoCal. (Besides, the Goodwins need pictures with Tigger, Pooh, etc. Did I mention Space Mountain is reopening?) We would all like to see MommaJ and Pops, too. The other blogging Uncle. ;-) GC