Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hopping mad

I am so angry! Some kid is picking on my little Meggie at the daycare. Today she got scratched up, and last week, the same child bit her on the cheek. They better do something about that undisciplined child. I had to break Meggie of the biting habit, because she picked it up from this 0ther toddler. But I did it, because it's not OK for your child to be a biter. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Alan was mad, too, when he went to pick her up. He expressed his displeasure, and I think it had some effect. He's much better at being intimidating than me. Oooooooh, I'm so mad.

Otherwise, Meggie is fine. She still has fluid in her ears. I had her checked today, and although she doesn't have an ear infection, the fluid may be causing her some discomfort. We've got an appointment with a specialist next week, and I'm so glad. He may put little tubes way down in her ears -- I hear that it is fairly simple and that you can't see them when they're in. But they really do the trick, they say, and clear out lingering fluid. I'm really excited about that. The doctor gave me some pain-killer drops for her ears until then.

The receptionist at the doctor's office said that she hopes I am getting frequent flyer miles for my visits. And, in fact, I am, because I put them on my mileage card. Ha! :o)

No comments: