Thursday, June 16, 2005

Miscellany

Hope you're all doing well this week. We're all fine and dandy here. I have my normal three-day week this week, so I couldn't be happier. Here's the latest with us.

First, a Meggie ear update
So we went to the doctor today, and it turns out that both tubes are still there! I don't know if I'm gladdened or annoyed by that. The doctor said the ears look great, and Meggie's speech is right on target, so for now all is well. Here's hoping (*fingers crossed*) that the last long course of antibiotics and switching to low-fat milk do the trick. I hope we have an uneventful summer. At least earwise.

The rest of us
Alan and I are doing fine. He's busy at work. Lots going on for him this summer. I'm fine too. After a monthlong hiatus, I started writing again. One of our editors said, "Hey, I was wondering when the muse would strike again!" I told him, "She's been busy changing diapers." Diapers permitting, I'll have a short piece running tomorrow.

And finally...
I have been wondering how on earth Meggie gets so dirty. Sometimes her clothes are so crusty I think someone must have rolled her in a mud bog. Yesterday I came home to find her clothes in a muddy heap in the middle of the hallway. I asked Alan what had happened. It was very enlightening:
h: So, um, I noticed that Meggie's clothes got really, really dirty. Did you guys go outside?
A: Yeah, a little.
h: So, what did you do outside?
A: Oh, you know ... play in the dirt.
h: Play in the dirt, huh? She got awfully dirty...
A: Well, first we played in the sprinklers.
One mystery solved. I use a lot of OxiClean (love that stuff) and the Clorox bleach pen. I quit fooling myself and started buying both these things in bulk at Costco.

1 comment:

Beacharoni said...

"first we played in the sprinklers" . . . that's a gem. You can't make that stuff up. You should just lift half the stuff you've got on this blog and start writing a humor column for that newspaper you frequent. It's really good and of interest to humans. Love,
Grandpa Hawaii (whoops, sounds too much like Father Time or Old Man River) make that Hawaii Grandpa