Friday, October 27, 2006

Quick update

I'm sure every Alaska blog has a picture like this on it. It's winter, and I love it. I like winter, because that's a season we do really well. Alaska seems to me to be more itself when it's snowing. Sure, the summers are great, but let's face it, there are scores of cities vying to be the capital of summer. Who's the queen of summer? Belize? San Tropez? Rio? Not Anchorage anyway. But winter, now that's our bag. We KNOW winter. We put our studded tires on our cars in the fall. We keep our woodpiles stocked and ready. We snowshoe and ski on frozen rivers. We have every winter sport right here in the city. Yeah, Vail, Aspen, Kitzbuhel and Stockholm are winter cities too, but we've got to be near the top of that list.

Meggie's itching to go outside, and she has all the gear she needs. But I only have 12-month winter buntings for Laurel. So I just ordered one from Lands End. This is going to be a good year for snow play. I'm planning a snow ramp in the yard. :o)

Last weekend we had a wonderful visit with our Alaska cousins, Johnny and Suzanne. Let me introduce the most well-traveled people I know. And definitely some of the nicest.

Johnny

Suzanne

Laurel and me as captured by Suzanne.

Alan with Meggie as she breaks down. Ah...

Meggie crashes after the visit.

________________________

Other snapshots:

Meggie and Henry having cookies.

Getting into the Halloween spirit.

Another G. baby has fallen in love with the Fisher Price swing from Michele. Meggie loved it too. I hope Spencer, our nephew on the way, is as much of a fan. This swing rocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget, you've got the Iditarod. Thanks for the updated photos of Meggie and Laurel. Adorable.