16 hours ago: Meggie wakes up and starts singing. Her most recent composition is the "I wish" song: "I wish I don't eat bugs! I wish I could have my Christmas tree! I wish I could open my presents! I wish I could have my birthday! I wish..."
15 hours, 50 minutes ago: Heather turns down the volume on Meggie's baby monitor.
15 hours, 30 minutes ago: Heather gives in and brings Meggie upstairs.
14 hours ago: Heather starts getting Meggie and Laurel bundled up to drive to preschool.
13 hours, 30 minutes ago: Heather and Laurel get to the grocery store and run some errands.
12 hours ago: Heather and Laurel get home, and Laurel gets a feeding and spends some one-on-one time with mommy.
11 hours ago: Heather picks up Meggie at preschool and is told by the teacher, "If Meggie has some tears on her face, it's because we just did circle time and she was upset about having to sit down." Heather asks whether the behavior is disruptive, but the teacher says it's normal and that a lot of the kids need practice staying still. (Don't I know it.)
10 hours, 50 minutes ago: Heather questions Meggie in the car:
h: Meggie, did you have fun in preschool today?(Insert space of several hours during which Meggie stays in constant motion. She spends a brief period in her room and sings the "I wish" song, "Frere Jacque" and "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" at the top of her lungs for all but 30 minutes. After Meggie's nap, Heather has a lovely chat on the phone with Michele. Meggie creates artwork out of post-its on the wall during Heather's conversation. Laurel sleeps in her swing until Meggie gets right next to Laurel's head and starts shrieking, "What a cuuuuuuuuuutiiiiiiiiie! Look (yook) at that yittle face!" And then confidentially and surprised, "Hey, mom. I think she's waking up.")
m*: Yup, yup!
h: Who did you play with today?
m*: Ethan and Zeke.
h: Do you like your teachers?
m*: Mmmmmm, I don't think so.
h: Why?
m*: I think they're just a little bit mean.
h: How are they mean?
m*: Sometimes they don't let me get up.
h: Is it during circle time?
m*: Yup! That's why I don't like circle time.
h: Did you have fun during the rest of preschool?
m*: Yup, yup!
3 hours, 30 minutes ago: Alan gets home from work (13 hours after he left the house this morning). A long day for him today.
2 hours, 30 minutes ago: Meggie is in bed, the stories have been read, but she's belting out "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" in the dark.
1 hour, 30 minutes ago: Alan and Laurel start to snooze.
30 minutes from now: I'll be in the shower.
1 hour from now: I'll be sleeping like a log.
6 hours from now: Laurel will wake up. Heather will wake up.
8 hours, 30 minutes from now: Meggie will be up. And singing.
4 comments:
Ollways with the singing, that Meggie.
Your description of Meggie singing is great. I especially love Meggie shrieking in Laurel's ears: What a cutie pie! I can just picture it.
And guess what. She DID sing this morning, but she let me snooze for an extra forty minutes while she sang in bed. "We wish you a muggy crum-puss. We wish you a muggy crum-puss..."
We wish you a muggy crum-puss! Too cute!!!
Post a Comment