Saturday, December 16, 2006

Oh, now I get it

Alan went to the office Christmas gathering. Meggie, Laurel and I had to stay in tonight. See below.

h: Look, Meggie. Baby sister is sick. She has a fever** and a cold.
m*: Aw, poor, poor yittle baby.
h: You know that cold that you had? Now baby sister has it.*** How sad.
m*: Yah, I had a cold in my nose. But I took it out and gave it to baby sister. And now Laurel has a cold in her nose. Awwww, poor baby. I don't have a cold now.
h: Oh, I see. You gave Laurel your cold. Is that why you're not sick anymore?
m*: Yup!
h: So how will Laurel get rid of her cold?
m*: She's already giving it to you!
h: Oh. Hmm. Well, how do I get rid of it?
m*: I think you ... I think I don't know. Where's my balloon? (leaves)

I'm beginning to understand how the world works. I'm going to go drink another glass of Emergen-C (highly recommended), bake a cake and blow up more balloons. *cough*

** Nothing to worry about. It's low grade, 100.9. I gave her Tylenol and am keeping her well hydrated.

*** Gee, I'm so surprised. And after only 247 kisses smack-dab in the middle of the face, despite Alan and me saying repeatedly, "Meggie, pleeeease don't kiss her in the face. She's gonna get sick." Oh well. Love hurts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Laurel feels better soon!!!