Saturday, April 05, 2008

Back at you

Here we are, back at the airport. It feels like only two days since we were here... Wait, it has only been two days since we were here. :o)

We had a good flight home -- after I found a flight attendant who agreed with me that two seats separated by an aisle are actually not "together" and that, furthermore, I couldn't be expected to adequately control a 4-year-old from across the aisle without having my arm broken in half by a beverage cart. The helpful attendants eventually fixed the problem and got Meggie, Laurel and me situated in three attached seats. In retrospect, it occurs to me that the mixup was probably my fault.

When the check-in agent told me that our seats were "together," I should've asked her, "Ma'am, exactly what does 'together' mean to you?" She would've replied, "You know, 'together,' as in 'North and South Korea are still together' or ' 'West and East Berlin were technically still together during the Cold War.' " And then I could've said, "Oh, you mean 'to-ge-ther.' No, no, we need seats that are contiguous, please." Living in Alaska, I know the definition of contiguous, as in "We ship to the 48 contiguous states only." Online merchants clarify this concept for me weekly.

But here we are back at the airport. We made it to Alaska. Made it home, washed our laundry, got Fishy settled with his fish-sitters and came back to the airport to take advantage of free Wi-Fi.

I'm excited to get going. And I hope that traversing the terminal will make the girls tired enough to sleep on the flight. ::Fingers and toes crossed.::

Oh, but I thought I'd post this. All children are unique little spirits, but apparently in our family tree the apple doesn't fall far from the other apple.

Took this picture on our penultimate day in Hawaii.

Do you remember this face? Same bib, different kid, same love of spaghetti.


P.S. This is what it looked like on the way to the airport today. It's a good day to get out of Alaska.

Happy travels. See some of you soon.

No comments: