Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lazy Florida update

Hi, all. We're having fun and keeping busy in Florida. Momma G and Pops were here for five days but had to leave again. They'll be back tomorrow night. :o)

I'm a little tired and don't feel much like writing. So I put together a quick update -- the lazy way.



I will say this, however. Zooland -- one of the attractions the children enjoyed so much that I bought an annual pass -- features a disconcerting exhibit: a wolf encounter. Wolves are on my list of animals I wish not to encounter. It raised the hair on the back of my neck to see a handler use no more than a dog leash to walk a wolf along crowded bleachers while spectators groped at the wild animal. And it seemed to me a little naive and ill-advised to let people sling their arms around lupines' necks and pose for cheek-to-jowl pictures with them.

Maybe it's just me. But if you stand in our front yard at night, you may hear wolves howling down in the valley. Their cry is silvery smooth, cold and impenetrable. Hearing wolf voices might make you feel as I do: Some wild animals should be experienced from a distance.

Although we'll avoid the wolf encounter, I imagine that we'll visit Zooland several more times. Meggie got to feed a giraffe!

That's all I have for now. I hope this post finds you well.

love to all,

No comments: