After an hour and a half (Alan at the Delta counter, and the girls and I waiting at the gate), it was decided that we'd try to fly out tomorrow morning instead of today.
The issue, as it turned out, was not that the flight was oversold (they found room for us), but delayed takeoff would've made it impossible for us to make our connection in Houston.
We enjoyed our bonus day. The girls went to the park and had a nice afternoon.
We've been fortunate to see many of our family members and friends during this trip. We had fun in Florida--and got a good bit of home improvement done.
Grandma, the girls and I had a great time at Homestead Hollow, a semiannual craft fair in Springville, Ala. That was some fun. And Meggie was flying high (see video).
I'm having trouble uploading photos, but I'll try to do it again in Alaska.
Here's our day at Homestead Hollow, which I hope we'll be able to attend again in future.
yours,
1 comment:
Is that a hammered dulcimer I hear.
Uncle Jerry
Copy and paste -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HnRZlMiKQ
Post a Comment