Hello, everyone.
After 10 hours in the air and three hours in airports, Meggie and I
touched town safely in Alabama yesterday afternoon. We had a great
trip. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I was especially impressed
by Cincinnati's airport. They have a group of retiree "Airport
Ambassadors" who help you with directions or anything else you need.
They were wearing custom cardigans with flight wings and "AIRPORT
AMBASSADOR" knitted right in. Very cute.
Seattle was a nice stopover, too. We talked with a nice man at a
restaurant while having breakfast. He was on his way back east to
meet his first great-grandchild. He was having a rough start, I
guess, because he ordered his first Bloody Mary at 5:45 in the
morning. The waitress looked at him with disdain and said haughtily,
"I'm SORRY, sir. You're going to have to WAIT until 6 a.m!" Ha!
That cracked me up. He waited his 15 minutes and then got his drink.
Used a new product for the Anchorage-Seattle leg--the Baby B'Air, a
flight vest that lets you hook the baby onto your seat belt. What a
great product. Meggie was secure in my lap for the entire flight,
even during severe turbulence. I highly recommend it for anyone
traveling with a lap child.
More later! We'll take a lot of pictures and post a few here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, Uncle Bob! We had such a great time. Next time we are in Alabama, we'll definitely have coffee again.
Post a Comment