Thursday, March 17, 2005

Just the usual

Hey, everyone. Hope you all have been having a good week. It has been the usual for us. We had a productive weekend. Alan did a LOT of home improvement. He put baseboard trim, window trim and a window ledge in the guest room. Oh, and he finished up the wall and painting too!

We ended up canceling on his co-worker's party, because Meggie was in a such a demanding mood that we didn't even think it would be fair to leave her with a sitter. Seems like the tubes have removed all her inhibitions and amplified everything. Maybe it's because the world is interacting more with her, since she can hear better. She wants to interact more with it in return. Yesterday I made the mistake of letting her see the fig newtons while I was carrying her. The sight unleashed a storm of wriggling, kicking, screaming of "num-a-num-a-num-a-NUM!" and frantic "food" signing. She got her point across, but I don't think my "No, you can't. Lunch soon." came across as well.

Her signing and verbal repetition has just taken off since we had the tubes put in a week ago. I am so impressed by the difference, and even though it has magnified all of her toddler tendencies, I am so glad.

Hawaii Grandpa comes to visit tonight for two weeks. Should be lots of fun.

1 comment:

Michele said...

In case any of you are as curious as I am about ear tubes:

http://www.drgreene.com/21_550.html