Thursday, March 10, 2005

Post-surgery post

Well, we're back from Meggie's surgery, and it went very well. We checked in an hour and a half early for a 15-minute surgery, and twenty minutes after they took her into the OR, I was back with her in post-op. The anesthesiologist was holding her when I got there. He was amazed by how fast she woke up. She didn't even make it into the recovery room. He said it was very unusual for a kid to rebound that quickly from the anesthesia. But she's happy now, and at least one doting grandma is already claiming a dramatic improvement in Meggie's speech. This is not an exaggeration of what she said: "You know, before when she'd talk it sounded like 'belah belah belah,' but now it's more distinct. It's like, 'baleh baleh baleh.' " To that I could only say, "Uh ... yeah."

Hope you all are well. Alan is busy, busy, busy at work, and I am happy with my work as well.

Love to all,

No comments: