I guess what goes around does come around and will reach your house eventually. Until this week we had been eluding the illnesses posted on the front door of the day care center: Your child has been exposed to ______. (Insert bizarre sounding ailment -- what is Impetigo anyway?)
This week Meggie caught pink eye.
I feel terrible for her, because she is already dealing with major congestion. We're not sure if it's allergies, a cold or (now that it has been around for over two weeks) a sinus infection. Her ears are giving her trouble too. Because of the tubes, what's in the nose often comes out the ears, and one ear in particular is really bothering her. She won't even let us go near it. If it doesn't improve I am going to bring her in to have her checked for an ear infection or a blocked tube.
The doctor prescribed us some very astringent eye drops over the phone, and we've given her two doses already. I feel so bad for her. Alan told me from experience that they "hurt like the dickens," and she seems to think so too. And she's dealing with two other problem areas at the same time.

Poor little sick Meggie
So we know what we'll be doing this Memorial Day weekend. We'll be staying home. All of us. Washing our hands frequently and trying to remember not to touch our eyes. I suppose it's ironic that it this is the week that Meggie started taking an interest in identifying facial features. Alan and I have both been poked in the eye ("Eyes, eyes!") numerous times during the past few days. Grrrrrrrrrrreat.
But other than that, we can't complain. The weather is getting better, and we'll try to grill out or something. Tomorrow: church in shifts for Alan and me. Meggie won't go. Wouldn't the other mothers just love it if I let her give all the kiddies pink eye? They'd boot us out of the church's playgroup at the very least.
Have a great weekend, everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment