Saturday, October 29, 2005

Everything's ducky

Hi, everyone. We've been really busy. Everyone has been working a lot. But we're all doing well.

We all went to our church's children's Halloween carnival today. It was really fun. Meggie went as her favorite animal -- a duck -- courtesy of Grandma C., Uncle Manny and Aunt Holly.

She really liked the costume. It was kind of funny watching her wobble around under the huge duck bill. But she didn't mind. ("Quack, quack!")

The children's carnival was put together really well. There were lots of games for a range of ages. Tickets for games and food were 25 cents, so you couldn't beat it. They had hot dogs, nachos and other bad foods. We had corn dogs. What the heck, it's Halloween!

It was definitely the way to go for a child so young. I don't think we want to take Meggie trick-or-treating for several years. It's cold, and we'd have to carry her from house to house at night. She'd be tired and have a bucket of candy to show for it. Then I'd confiscate the candy, because there's no way a kid who's not even two needs to eat that.

We've been having a good weekend so far. Tomorrow, Meggie and I will visit my friend Tracy (and Meggie's friend Henry) and their new addition, baby Ella. :o) Sunday, we're having dinner with a friend who's moving. Alan has to go to the office, and I have plennnnnnty of home stuff to do. (I'm really behind again. But oh well.)

Meggie enjoyed the many special features of her costume. (Thank you, Grandma, Uncle and Auntie!) It's warm, so she didn't need a jacket. And it comes with a pillow.

No comments: