Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quick update

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to post a quick update. I know I've been scarce online lately. We're so busy, and it has us all a little tuckered out.

Fall is almost over up here. The snow is creeping down the mountains across the valley. Soon we'll have flurries but they'll melt off during the day. Then, eventually, they'll stick on a large patch across the valley. And soon after that, they'll start to stick on our side, which gets more morning sun. Then winter will be in full swing.

Snow is already filling the crevices like a patina. Once the first good snowfall covers everything, it's like a different place. And, of course, there are no outside improvements to be made then. So Alan (and Meggie) are busy every day finishing up the fence and planting the last trees. Our septic system is nearing completion, and we should have a fresh load of topsoil over the area within a few days. Alan will get it seeded before the snow falls, so that grass starts to grow as soon as spring arrives.

I can't wait till winter is here. Fall is so busy. The other tots' moms tell me they're in a tizzy too. We're trying to squeeze every last bit out of the season before winter. When it finally comes we'll be able to retreat inside for a while.

Hope all is well where you are. Must run (literally). The tot is sleeping, and Thursday is a workout day for me. So I'm off to the treadmill and then to work. The paper mill?

love to all,

1 comment:

-h said...

P.S.--I should have included an ear update. Meggie got through the summer without an infection. Then, this week, she started tugging on her ear so hard that she actually bruised it a bit. I took her into the pediatrician's office, and she has a slight infection in one year. We are treating her with drops, and I'll take her to a follow-up over the weekend. Oh and, would you believe it, we've lost one tube already (in the uninfected ear). Man, I can't believe it. We have bad ear luck.

But I can't complain too much. These are minor issues, and she'll grow out of them. I've gained perspective from talking to other tots' moms.