Earlier tonight:Props to Alan for taking care of the Meggiepoo three days a week and never complaining or saying he's too tired to do it all solo after more than eight hours on the job.
A: What's with you, are you on drugs or something?
h: No! I just worked a full day and then picked up Meggie and spent the rest of the evening running after her and making her food and everything.
A: Aha! So you feel my pain! Mwahaha.
h: Yes, I'm amazed that you do this three times a week! How do you do this?
A: Well, for one thing, I don't put up with as much as you do. And secondly, now do you see why you shouldn't say, "Why do you let her throw rocks at beer bottles, blah, blah, blah..." You see why: She likes it, and it entertains her, and I don't have to chase her.
h: Ah, yes. I see.
We're pretty busy here at the Casa del Norte. Lots of work for everyone. Alan is particularly busy, and I'm working all week. Since Alan's day requires more hours than mine (I'm just a worker bee (hurrah!) with no meetings and such), he has to go to work reeeeeeally early to get out in time to pick up Meggie. He's sleeping now. Well deserved rest.
Meggie spent her first full day at day care today. She did really well. I think she liked it a little too much. It took forever to get her to the car. She had to pause at every station and give me the tour:
"Door open!" (She runs through the door.)
"Dark!" (She points to the lights, which are off.)
"Lights off!" (I say, "Yes, they're off. Let's go to the car. The car.")
"Chair!" (She plops down on the chair. I say, "Yes, chair. Now it's time for the car. The car. Car!")
"Paper!" (She runs to the teacher to get her daily summary paper on which all her bodily functions and moods are recorded. "Yes, thank you for the paper. Now it's time for the car. CAR!!!")
"Car! Walking!" (After four attempts to steer her in the correct direction, I pack her under my arm and haul her to the car.)
And let me tell you, the car ride home (as Alan has told me) is no picnic after she has been in school. She is all keyed up and demanding. Today, the demand du jour was juice. "Juice! More juice!" ALL. THE. WAY. HOME. I said, "Sorry, honey. There's no more juice. Aren't all the trees and mountains nice? Niiiiiiiiiice."
She replied, "Juuuuuuuuuuice."
Nice.
Quick photo post for ya:
Baby No. 2 gets some sandwich before going to school. I let Meggie take baby because I thought she might need some moral support. I think it worked. She napped surprisingly well on her cot with all the other kiddies around.
1 comment:
Congrats again on snagging such a fine husband!
Post a Comment