Saturday, March 24, 2007

'Alaskanized':

When a 3-year-old must be threatened with library deprivation in order to get her to wear her jacket at 18 degrees.

When a toddler is shrieking, "No, it's warm! It's warm! I don't need a coat!" at 18 degrees, with T-shirt-wearing McDonald's patrons nodding approvingly nearby.

When a 3-year-old lingers longingly in the fishing aisle at Wal-Mart and has pointed out which pole she would like the Easter Bunny to bring her. (I said I'd pass along the suggestion.)

When it's technically spring, but you're lobbying for a family ski day Monday (Seward's Day). We just got some beautiful, fresh powder.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meggie sure is "Alaskanized" alright. Happy Sewards Day everyone.

love Aunt Linda

Lillie said...

Did I share this story already? The day after I got back from my last New York trip, I woke up to eight below but sunny. The highlight of my day took place an hour later in the bank lobby, when a boy about 4 years old walked in while saying to his dad: "It's warm out today!"
What a little rock star.