Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pictures

Here are some photos I couldn't post earlier because Meggie was camping and snoozing near the computer. The whole downstairs was full off sawing and hammering for three days.
___________________________

Having a birthday party for 2-year-olds is like herding cats. There was at least one adult for every child, and we still spent most of our time trying to corral and keep track of the kids. The reward for cat herding: putting toddlers in silly hats and filing the pictures under "things to show future prom dates."

Yes, I masked the faces of the kiddies whose mothers aren't familiar with this site and may not want the children's pictures posted.

Miss Meggie does everything on her own time. The other children had long departed the table to play, but Meggie just kept eating her food. She ate and ate and ate for 45 minutes. Various adults tried to induce her to play with the others, but she eventually got annoyed and started swatting us away, always saying, "Not yet. I eating my lunch."

Meggie finally starts to play ...

... and gets stuck.

Postparty nap.

Meanwhile, work continues in Meggie's bedroom. Floor stripped and cleared.

Insulated framework and subfloor over the concrete foundation.

Laminate floors installed and trimmed out with quarter round.

Moving things back in on Monday night. Meggie's loveseat is replaced with my old papasan and other furniture from our single lives. New baby will get the loveseat and changing table.

Shiny happy floor is all done, and Meggie is a happy non-camper.

1 comment:

Lillie said...

If anything can be unequivocally labeled "single furniture," it's a papasan.
In college we called them "womb chairs." And I'd try to make some clever comment here about how that ties into you moving yours to make room for the future child, but I can't. Sorry :)